Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 314

Thread: Semi-Brick, system settings locked, Opera error.

  1. #171
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I downloaded the file, put it on a SD card in the Wii, but don't know how to load it from HBC. The HBC is IOS58 v24.31. When I select launch BootMii the screen just goes black. And when I select the SD nothing happens.

  2. #172
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,186
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,582 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by buju1971 View Post
    I downloaded the file, put it on a SD card in the Wii, but don't know how to load it from HBC. The HBC is IOS58 v24.31. When I select launch BootMii the screen just goes black. And when I select the SD nothing happens.
    If the screen goes black, that suggests you don't have bootmii installed.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  3. #173
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So I guess I should put bootmii on the SD as well. So do I load the files via BootMii?

    And another question, if I want to SoftMod the Wii according to your guide on the anyWii softmod, can I skip the first steps because they are similar to the first steps of the semi-bricked procedure?? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Krank; 11-25-2010 at 11:28 AM. Reason: use the EDIT button please

  4. #174
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,186
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,582 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by buju1971 View Post
    So I guess I should put bootmii on the SD as well. So do I load the files via BootMii?

    And another question, if I want to SoftMod the Wii according to your guide on the anyWii softmod, can I skip the first steps because they are similar to the first steps of the semi-bricked procedure?? Thanks in advance.
    If you want to softmod, just use that guide and install the proper system menu 4.1 in chapter 2 part 2. So don't do this guide, use the softmod guide.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  5. 1 User Says Thank You mauifrog For This Useful Post


  6. #175
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    thanks very much, but can you help me?

    First of all thank you for all your efforts helping everyone mauifrog. This guide gives me hope that I can get my wii playing games again.

    My wii is japanese, its modded but i'm not sure as to whether its hardmodded or soft. I recently tried to play PAL sonic colours and it installed an update. Since then It will not recognise any games apart from a japanese version of Resident evil 4 that I have. I put a disc in and it just doesn't know its there at all. From this i'm guessing its semi-bricked as I can still access the menu etc.

    Another problem is that I cannot access my system settings (spanner). An internet browser comes up with a message saying its unable to connect to something.jp.jp.

    I'm a complete newbie at this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you kindly. Which guide should i follow in an attempt to fix this?

  7. #176
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Seriously, I don't know how to thank you.

    But I can atleast hope that God will bless you for willing to make people happy.

    Thank you! Very appreciated!

  8. #177
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi, I am trying to solve my Priiloader issues. I am not able to instal successfuly the priiloader. So I am using this guide maybe it will solve my problem. So far I have follow all the guides successfuly, for softmod 4.1U untill I get to the end for the Priiloader and final step. Today I know more from what I knew a week ago and Thanks to you guys. The exact problem I have now, is that I do not have IOS 58. IOS 60 was complete and OK but not IOS 58. I have the homebrew chanel instaled. Everything is working normaly (owned games) no black scren. I did not try to download games as yet until my Wii is fully set for it. Any suggestions? thanks.

  9. #178
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    issue with bootmii

    Hello, I just wanted to say thanks to mauifrog for helping everyone out to such a great extent. Recently my wii was updated with a pal update when I was running ntsc on version 4.x. I was able to get through the first three steps of the semi-bricked wii fix using the HBC and now when I try step four and open bootmii, it starts out working and then after about 2 seconds, it goes to an all black screen with illegible green text about 1/4 of the way down. After an additional second, it turns into a black screen with a blue bar on top that is made up of illegible text and doesn't go off of that screen unless I press -A- and it scrolls through the menus I can't read. Any words of wisdom?

  10. #179
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,186
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,582 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by russianaturi View Post
    Hello, I just wanted to say thanks to mauifrog for helping everyone out to such a great extent. Recently my wii was updated with a pal update when I was running ntsc on version 4.x. I was able to get through the first three steps of the semi-bricked wii fix using the HBC and now when I try step four and open bootmii, it starts out working and then after about 2 seconds, it goes to an all black screen with illegible green text about 1/4 of the way down. After an additional second, it turns into a black screen with a blue bar on top that is made up of illegible text and doesn't go off of that screen unless I press -A- and it scrolls through the menus I can't read. Any words of wisdom?
    Try to replace the /bootmii/bootmii.ini with the bootmii.ini you made in step 2.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  11. #180
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by russianaturi View Post
    Hello, I just wanted to say thanks to mauifrog for helping everyone out to such a great extent. Recently my wii was updated with a pal update when I was running ntsc on version 4.x. I was able to get through the first three steps of the semi-bricked wii fix using the HBC and now when I try step four and open bootmii, it starts out working and then after about 2 seconds, it goes to an all black screen with illegible green text about 1/4 of the way down. After an additional second, it turns into a black screen with a blue bar on top that is made up of illegible text and doesn't go off of that screen unless I press -A- and it scrolls through the menus I can't read. Any words of wisdom?
    Open SD:\bootmii\bootmii.ini on your computer with WordPad (not Notepad) and see if "VIDEO=" is set correctly. You probably have it set on PAL50 instead of NTSC.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •