Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 314

Thread: Semi-Brick, system settings locked, Opera error.

  1. #121
    New Member patoons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    194
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    Everything from those two packs get extracted to sd card. The wad folders will merge together.
    k thanks, i'm now gonna install menu 4.1. mediafire is down but i had a nusd on my computer so i grabbed the wad of 4.1u. before i install the menu, will this wipe out the wii memory??? my friend had a very valuable ssbb data on it, i wouldn't want to lose it, and without the priiloader hack and since it has wifi, i can't back it up to sd.

  2. #122
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,191
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,585 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by patoons View Post
    k thanks, i'm now gonna install menu 4.1. mediafire is down but i had a nusd on my computer so i grabbed the wad of 4.1u. before i install the menu, will this wipe out the wii memory??? my friend had a very valuable ssbb data on it, i wouldn't want to lose it, and without the priiloader hack and since it has wifi, i can't back it up to sd.
    No, it won't wipe out the memory. The save will still be there.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  3. #123
    New Member patoons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    194
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    thanks sir, wonderful guide, 4.1u up and running, and settings works!!

  4. #124
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have Wii v4.3U and went to the preeloader (ios-236) in the MMM and enabled three things: 1. the Block Disc Update, 2. the Block Online Updates, and 3. the region free. From that, saving and re-starting, I noticed I can no longer access the Wii setup to change future internet settings etc. Does this FIX also apply to the version I have?

    Thanks,

  5. #125
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,191
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,585 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by ICSPRO View Post
    I have Wii v4.3U and went to the preeloader (ios-236) in the MMM and enabled three things: 1. the Block Disc Update, 2. the Block Online Updates, and 3. the region free. From that, saving and re-starting, I noticed I can no longer access the Wii setup to change future internet settings etc. Does this FIX also apply to the version I have?

    Thanks,
    I don't know, what happens when you go to the settings?
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  6. #126
    New Member patoons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    194
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    so mauifrog, i got everything working, and the settings loaded no problem. i installed a black menu theme with mymenuify or something like that a couple of months ago, and on my wii it works fine, so i had my friend do it too. so today i got his 4.1 and settings back thanks to your guide, and i went and put the black menu back on, and that's what was messing up the settings! so i had to install 4.1 over again, now it works. so that was the problem the whole time. so he's sticking to the stock white menu. luckily, my wii has the custom menu working with no problems. just thought i'd pass it along, maybe someone will avoid custom menu themes. thanks a bunch man.

  7. #127
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Marysville,WA
    Posts
    509
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 78 Times in 72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patoons View Post
    so mauifrog, i got everything working, and the settings loaded no problem. i installed a black menu theme with mymenuify or something like that a couple of months ago, and on my wii it works fine, so i had my friend do it too. so today i got his 4.1 and settings back thanks to your guide, and i went and put the black menu back on, and that's what was messing up the settings! so i had to install 4.1 over again, now it works. so that was the problem the whole time. so he's sticking to the stock white menu. luckily, my wii has the custom menu working with no problems. just thought i'd pass it along, maybe someone will avoid custom menu themes. thanks a bunch man.
    It been said before. W/o bootmii/boot2 AND Priiloader, themes should never be attempted

  8. #128
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hasanyone ever told you how AWESOME you are?!

  9. #129
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Newbie needs help on japanese wii semi bricked opera error

    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    FIX: Semi-Bricked wii from out of region disk update
    Your system settings is locked, give Opera error or similar- caused by region mismatched typically from disk update from an out of region game.
    [SIZE=5]
    [SIZE=3]This will work on any wii- Hardmods and Softmods

    If your system menu is <4.x (ie, no SD ICON), upgrade to 4.x using any in-region game with that update. New Super Mario Bros is an excellent choice to update to 4.1- just be sure the game is in your region, or you'll still be semi-bricked. For a detailed list of game disk updates, read HERE. If you have HBC installed, you can use the method below- just launch from HBC.
    Hello,
    Have gone through the whole 13 pages but still unable to get through the 1st stage as listed above.
    My Japanese Wii showed the exact systems and did not see SD Icons.
    I cannot get New Super Mario Bros Jap region, if any kind soul can point to a good download. Any other jap games that can help. If cannot get Jap game that can update to 4.x, How else can I get to update System Menu to 4.x?
    Thank you in advance for your assistance.

  10. #130
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi Mauifrog,

    THANKS for all the information you have provided in this thread! The answers are all there and also for softmodding to 4.1.

    After reading and searching for past few days and getting a 2GB SD Kingston SD Card, I have successfully managed to un-semibrick my Jap Wii and updated System Menu to 4.1J. Thanks again for the Awsome information provided here!

    I then wanted to proceed to install PriiLoader and successfully downloaded the zip file. But when trying to download Hacks.ini.zip, the file is no longer there.
    I searched for Hack.ini.zip, and apparently, there were also different versions of it.

    Can you point to which version should I use and also the download links?

    Thanks in advance for your assistance!

    Wii Cheers for Mauifrog!
    Asajji

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •