Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: I think I bricked my wii...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Unhappy I think I bricked my wii...

    I'm new here, but I think I bricked my wii (4.2u). I tried installing the Blue Wii theme and it was installed fine, but when I restarted my wii it said,

    "The system files are corrupted. Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."

    By the way, I DON'T have bootmii installed as a preloader.

    I do have a NAND backup.

    I think I have a banner brick.
    Last edited by SS2Amir; 12-23-2009 at 07:53 PM.

  2. #2
    Junior Member Jasons34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,295
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 455 Times in 350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    I have read on one of the guides on this site (dont remember which one) where it states that sometimes youll get the corrupted files messege but not to panic. You just have to reinstall something. I do know though that you didnt brick or else you would get just a black screen (no system menu).
    If I have helped you in any way, please thank me by pressing the little thanks button.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,185
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,581 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by SS2Amir View Post
    I'm new here, but I think I bricked my wii (4.2u). I tried installing the Blue Wii theme and it was installed fine, but when I restarted my wii it said,

    "The system files are corrupted. Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."

    By the way, I DON'T have bootmii installed as a preloader.

    I do have a NAND backup.
    You'll need to try savemiifrii.
    If it works you'll need to buy a chip pre-configured to autoboot, or have cIOSCORP installed.

    Themes are risky, not sure its worth it.

    Do you get to the health screen? If you do try holding + and -, then push A a few times.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasons34 View Post
    I have read on one of the guides on this site (dont remember which one) where it states that sometimes youll get the corrupted files messege but not to panic. You just have to reinstall something. I do know though that you didnt brick or else you would get just a black screen (no system menu).
    I don't get the system menu, I just get the warning screen and the corrupted file screen.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    You'll need to try savemiifrii.
    If it works you'll need to buy a chip pre-configured to autoboot, or have cIOSCORP installed.

    Themes are risky, not sure its worth it.

    Do you get to the health screen? If you do try holding + and -, then push A a few times.
    I do get the warning screen, but I already tried holding + and -, and then pushing A.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    You'll need to try savemiifrii.
    If it works you'll need to buy a chip pre-configured to autoboot, or have cIOSCORP installed.

    Themes are risky, not sure its worth it.

    Do you get to the health screen? If you do try holding + and -, then push A a few times.
    I found this guide on TUTORIAL: How to recover from a wii brick - precautions included

    But I was wondering how to install homebrew channel with a disc.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Screw it, I'm just gonna send it to nintendo.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,185
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,581 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Did you ever test savemiifrii with a gc-controller?

    You can't install anything from a disk without functional savemiifrii and a precofigured autobooting modchip.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    Did you ever test savemiifrii with a gc-controller?

    You can't install anything from a disk without functional savemiifrii and a precofigured autobooting modchip.
    The thing is that I don't wanna pay $60 for a mod chip when I could just send it to nintendo for $75. And I already know that savemiifrii works for me.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,185
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,581 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Sounds good. Have fun.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •