Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: semi bricked wii

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    semi bricked wii

    Hello Everyone Good Evening,

    I am trying to get super mario to work i have a wii key chip . With a softmod using usbloader was unable to get super mario to work it is a ntsc game and i am in the usa so i figured let me try doing the update and now i cannot access my system settings. I{ beleive I am semi Bricked. Can some one tell me the steps to take and if you need any more information please let me know. Thanks In Advance

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,191
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,585 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by mwja627 View Post
    Hello Everyone Good Evening,

    I am trying to get super mario to work i have a wii key chip . With a softmod using usbloader was unable to get super mario to work it is a ntsc game and i am in the usa so i figured let me try doing the update and now i cannot access my system settings. I{ beleive I am semi Bricked. Can some one tell me the steps to take and if you need any more information please let me know. Thanks In Advance
    First do steps 1-3 of the 3.1-4.1 guide linked below

    then
    Download CB2_BB_Wad-Manager-1.4.zip and extract to a formatted sd-card
    Downlaod IOS60-patched.zip and extract to sd:\wad
    Download 4.1U-RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v449.wad and extract to sd:\wad
    Download Preloader and extract to sd:\apps\preloader\
    Download 4.1u-hacks.zip and extract to sd:\

    Now start hbc and load wadmanager
    Use ios249
    Install ios60patched first
    then
    Install system menu 4.1u
    Then reboot
    Start hbc, install preloader
    shutdown
    Hold reset and boot
    Enable desired system menu hack, disk update block is a good one, only the ones you want.
    Reboot and test, all should be good.

    Now try usb loading, much better.

    If you don't want to do the above you can wait awhile until a new game is released with a 4.2u update.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Can you please also tell me how to get wad manager to load up i got it to load a few times but not sure the correct steps what i have been doing is just going to the hbc from the wii menu


    I get an error message in wad manager 1.4 it says select source device
    mounting device ok
    retreving file list error
    Can someone please help me and tell me what I am doing Wrong?
    Thanks In Advance
    Last edited by mwja627; 12-22-2009 at 03:24 PM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,191
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,585 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by mwja627 View Post
    Can you please also tell me how to get wad manager to load up i got it to load a few times but not sure the correct steps what i have been doing is just going to the hbc from the wii menu


    I get an error message in wad manager 1.4 it says select source device
    mounting device ok
    retreving file list error
    Can someone please help me and tell me what I am doing Wrong?
    Thanks In Advance
    Make sure your wads are in sd:\wad
    Format the card first if it is giving you trouble, also try another card if need be.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ok Thank You now I have everything in the right order as far as the wads are concerned. Now I am up to installing the preloader not sure how to do that do i need to load wad manager to do it cause when i click on the homebrew channel the only avaible option is to load /apps/wadmanager 1.4
    Thanks You So Much For all the help so far

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,191
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,585 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by mwja627 View Post
    ok Thank You now I have everything in the right order as far as the wads are concerned. Now I am up to installing the preloader not sure how to do that do i need to load wad manager to do it cause when i click on the homebrew channel the only avaible option is to load /apps/wadmanager 1.4
    Thanks You So Much For all the help so far
    Make sure you have sd:\apps\preloader\boot.dol
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I now have the folder sd apps preloader boot.dol but when i click on it to load it loads the wad manager.so i think maybe the boot.dol im loading is for was manager these are the three files i have when i extract the preloader hacks.ini,preloader v.029.cred.col and .nfo no boot .dol can you tell me what step I am Missing
    Thanks Again For all Your Help

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,191
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,585 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by mwja627 View Post
    I now have the folder sd apps preloader boot.dol but when i click on it to load it loads the wad manager.so i think maybe the boot.dol im loading is for was manager these are the three files i have when i extract the preloader hacks.ini,preloader v.029.cred.col and .nfo no boot .dol can you tell me what step I am Missing
    Thanks Again For all Your Help
    Download preloader again. Extract it to sd:\apps\preloader\
    You should have sd:\apps\preloader\preloaderv0.29-cred.dol
    Remane preloaderv0.29-cred.dol to boot.dol, delete the other boot.dol
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thank You Thank You I am able to get into my system settings now but I didnt understand your last part of the instructions Enable desired system menu hack, disk update block is a good one, only the ones you want.
    Reboot and test, all should be good.
    Can You Tell Me what this Means?
    Thank You

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,191
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,585 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Hold reset and boot
    Preloader starts
    click hacks
    Enable desired system menu hack, disk update block is a good one, only the ones you want.
    Reboot and test, all should be good.

    Hacks are explained HERE
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •