Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Bricked 4.2 Korean Wii

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Bricked 4.2 Korean Wii

    Hi all:
    I recently bought this Wii from a friend in Hong Kong. It's installed with a modchip inside the wii. It was orginally patched with the 4.1U but I "accidentally" updated the Wii to 4.2U and whenever I started it up, it gave me an error 003. I spent almost 3 weeks now trying to solve this "003" problem, using my friend's brawl game and almost buying a game to try installing a new update. I bought savemii, but all it could do is get me to a black screen with the 4.2 USA on the bottom. When i inserted Brawl, it gave me a black screen. I attempted to use preloaders, priiloader and smashstack but they wouldn't work either... I even tried to remove the modchip, but it didn't work. Is my wii bricked until a new game comes out with 4.3..?

    If anyone can help me... please do! I looked all over the internet trying to solve this problem...

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,571 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by hikaru.shind0 View Post
    Hi all:
    I recently bought this Wii from a friend in Hong Kong. It's installed with a modchip inside the wii. It was orginally patched with the 4.1U but I "accidentally" updated the Wii to 4.2U and whenever I started it up, it gave me an error 003. I spent almost 3 weeks now trying to solve this "003" problem, using my friend's brawl game and almost buying a game to try installing a new update. I bought savemii, but all it could do is get me to a black screen with the 4.2 USA on the bottom. When i inserted Brawl, it gave me a black screen. I attempted to use preloaders, priiloader and smashstack but they wouldn't work either... I even tried to remove the modchip, but it didn't work. Is my wii bricked until a new game comes out with 4.3..?

    If anyone can help me... please do! I looked all over the internet trying to solve this problem...
    You can't possibly have preloader- do you? Can you get any original games to autoboot? Have you tried patching any backup games to autoboot and see if they do?

    I would try to get an ios of SSBB and Lego indiana jones, and patch both to auto boot. If they boot, great if not, since I had a cios install I might also try to patch the game to run on ios250 as it may be present. Work on getting any game to auto boot, especially lego indiana jones. Also try to download some auto boot wadmanager and try to boot, try to patch those to autoboot, and even try to patch to another ios. So far I have not heard of anyone fixing this, but have not heard any details of the attempts either. If you can not get anything to boot doing the above, then it is not going to be fixable, but it should be fixable in theory.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    im not sure
    i just downloaded Lego Indiana Jones and patched it with the autoboot program and when i burned it, the wii gave a wumming sound and then the cd port just lit up. i dont think i can autoboot anything.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,571 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by hikaru.shind0 View Post
    im not sure
    i just downloaded Lego Indiana Jones and patched it with the autoboot program and when i burned it, the wii gave a wumming sound and then the cd port just lit up. i dont think i can autoboot anything.
    Make sure the modchip is configured to autoboot. Make sure the game iso's are in your region.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My drivekey just came in the mail today
    I installed it
    configured it to a US region
    ran brawl on it and it gave me a black screen again.
    should i download a korean game and put drivekey on korean? or use indiana jones?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,571 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by hikaru.shind0 View Post
    My drivekey just came in the mail today
    I installed it
    configured it to a US region
    ran brawl on it and it gave me a black screen again.
    should i download a korean game and put drivekey on korean? or use indiana jones?
    Try to patch the iso to autoboot with Wii Autoboot Creator.zip then burn it. If that fails, try to fill your wii's nand using this method-
    New Unbricking Method For (Bannerbricks) 4.1v Wii's and below - GBAtemp.net

    Basically, you use many game iso, patched to autoboot, make many savegames and install channels until your nand is maxed. Then cross your fingers and hope it will take you to datamanagment as described. Then install the indiana Pwns hack. You would need to play the game first and make a savegame.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •