Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Bricked -Gone to Japanese 2.0J :(

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Bad news unfortunately......

    The 4.2 hacking guide fails to load and gives the menu - this installer can NOT continue.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,571 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard73 View Post
    Bad news unfortunately......

    The 4.2 hacking guide fails to load and gives the menu - this installer can NOT continue.
    Post the hackmii installer log, and download signcheck, bannerbomb it and post the cvs file here as well.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  3. 1 User Says Thank You mauifrog For This Useful Post


  4. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think I've found the root of the problem....... The evil being which is Cioscorp!

    I'm going to try the uninstaller for it and then try installing bannerbomb again then dop-ios to update each ios it's mangled.

    If I'd known the problems it would cause, I'd have never touched it. The trouble is that you don't find out not to touch it until it's istalled and you start having problems.

    We live and learn I suppose.... Here goes....

    I can't install bannerbomb so am using DOP-IOS v8 to install an IOS.
    Trouble is, the screen just crashes with a load of code (mangled).

    Now I have a 3.X menu on a 4.2 firmware and the opera browser error and no way of installing HBC or Dop ios mod as all the channels show up empty on my SD card - or if I don't rename the profile folder - it just locks up. And I can't read japanese to know what errors I'm getting :'(
    Last edited by Buzzard73; 12-18-2009 at 05:37 AM.

  5. #14
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,571 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard73 View Post
    I think I've found the root of the problem....... The evil being which is Cioscorp!

    I'm going to try the uninstaller for it and then try installing bannerbomb again then dop-ios to update each ios it's mangled.

    If I'd known the problems it would cause, I'd have never touched it. The trouble is that you don't find out not to touch it until it's istalled and you start having problems.

    We live and learn I suppose.... Here goes....

    I can't install bannerbomb so am using DOP-IOS v8 to install an IOS.
    Trouble is, the screen just crashes with a load of code (mangled).

    Now I have a 3.X menu on a 4.2 firmware and the opera browser error and no way of installing HBC or Dop ios mod as all the channels show up empty on my SD card - or if I don't rename the profile folder - it just locks up. And I can't read japanese to know what errors I'm getting :'(
    Use wadmanager to install IOS34-64-v3087.wad with iso36, or other. Then run the hackmii installer, then run the cioscorp uninstaller.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  6. 1 User Says Thank You mauifrog For This Useful Post


  7. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I can't tell you how much I appreciate the help you are giving me - how many times can I press the thanks button?

    Here's where I'm currently failing:

    I have the following on my sd card:

    apps>hbc_dopios_v8
    private>wii>title>aktn>content.bin
    boot.elf (from the hackmii installer)
    If I run it as is - I get the "no vulnerable ios error"

    If I rename the private folder, I get a screen with empty channels on the SD card.

    How do I get anything to work?

  8. #16
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,571 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Post the hackmii installer log from your sd-card here

    Extract bannerbomb_signcheck_elf.zip to your sd-card and bannerbomb it, hit reset many many many times, then post the cvs file from your sd-card here

    The format your sd-card and extract wadmanager-1.4.zip to your sd-card, and download IOS34-64-v3087.wad to sd:\wad
    Bannerbomb the sd-card, wadmanager loads
    Use ios36 or other
    Install Ios34

    Then download Step4.zip, password www.wiihacks.com
    Extract to a formated sd-card
    Bannerbomb it, hackmii runs, Install HBC, DVDX, and bootmii boot2.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  9. 1 User Says Thank You mauifrog For This Useful Post


  10. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Extract bannerbomb_signcheck_elf.zip to your sd-card and bannerbomb it, hit reset many many many times, then post the cvs file from your sd-card here
    That gives me a private folder and a boot.elf (410kb) on my SD card.
    When I install the SD card under data management>Wii>SD everything freezes.

    This is with the private folder - if I rename this, it doesn't freeze but just get empty channels.

  11. #18
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,571 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard73 View Post
    That gives me a private folder and a boot.elf (410kb) on my SD card.
    When I install the SD card under data management>Wii>SD everything freezes.

    This is with the private folder - if I rename this, it doesn't freeze but just get empty channels.
    Do not rename the folder. Remove the card from the wii, click the sd icon from the channel menu (not data management), it says no card found, insert the card, load the boot.dol/elf.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  12. 1 User Says Thank You mauifrog For This Useful Post


  13. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The only .elf/.dol that will work is the hackmii installer one - all the other fail to show up anything in channels and I don't get an install popup at all.

    I managed to get Dop-ios to run once using the hackmii installer but can't remember how.

    With the private folder there - it loads to hackmii and fails at vunerable ios- without it - it won't see anything on the SD card.
    Last edited by Buzzard73; 12-18-2009 at 10:14 AM.

  14. #20
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,571 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard73 View Post
    The only .elf/.dol that will work is the hackmii installer one - all the other fail to show up anything in channels and I don't get an install popup at all.

    I managed to get Dop-ios to run once using the hackmii installer but can't remember how.

    With the private folder there - it loads to hackmii and fails at vunerable ios- without it - it won't see anything on the SD card.
    That does not really make much sence. The private folder is bannerbomb v2, so it needs to be on the card to load anything, hackmii, wadmanager, etc. So don't remove it or rename it.

    To bannerbomb you should have
    Private
    boot.dol/elf
    on the root of your sd-card, the boot.dol/elf is the app to be loaded.
    So you are saying when you extract wadmanager-1.4.zip to a formated sd-card and bannerbomb it, nothing happens?

    What about this one
    BB-loadmii-lu64 fix.zip
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  15. 1 User Says Thank You mauifrog For This Useful Post


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •