Page 73 of 202 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 730 of 2020

Thread: Guide: How to fix Korean 4.2 error: 003 unauthorized device has been detected

  1. #721
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedArrow View Post
    Is there any word on the multiboot iso idea?

    RedArrow
    once i read the instructions i was kind of sure it will not work as the new ISO is trucha signed and the original signatures are destroyed. even then i still tried but unfortunately no sugar... so we are still on the drawing board here buddy... any other ideas to suggest?

  2. 1 User Says Thank You Th3G4mbl3r For This Useful Post


  3. #722
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bangkok - Thailand
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    the moment you change anything within a partition, the game does not load anymore. That's the thing.
    because if I change something in the installer partition, it will still work as I left the GAME partition in tact.
    Like I said, when you invoke the mariokart wad installer (or any other game like that) it will actually reboot the wii but passes a partition parameter.
    And it won't load. So I guess none of these ideas will work on the Korean modded usa wii's without any other things installed on it.

    The only way to solve this would be an official nintendo recovery disc (which is impossible to get) or a game exploit which does not require any pre-actions such as copying data files or whatever.
    as both are not available, we are back at 0.

    one other thing, i could get into the wifi settings through mario kart, which is part of the wii system isn't it. Is there no other game in which you can get to data management from within the game?

    Does anyone know about the data filling method? why does that not work? I could get into the wifi settings, so why would that not work?

  4. 1 User Says Thank You renevdkooi For This Useful Post


  5. #723
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    priiloader dol

    hi guys
    i have an idea!


    i read some where that priiloader dos not need a modded wii to run so how about instead of replacing the dol with a wad manger dol we put the priiloader dol since it dose not need a cios .
    and install the dol from their!
    i didnt try priiloader but i just thought of that !

    what do u think guys will it work?

  6. 1 User Says Thank You buhassan For This Useful Post


  7. #724
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    423
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 36 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buhassan View Post
    hi guys
    i have an idea!


    i read some where that priiloader dos not need a modded wii to run so how about instead of replacing the dol with a wad manger dol we put the priiloader dol since it dose not need a cios .
    and install the dol from their!
    i didnt try priiloader but i just thought of that !

    what do u think guys will it work?
    I really hate to crush your enthusiasm, but as renevdkooi said, the moment you change anything within a partition, the disc signature becomes invalidated. However I could be wrong. Let's see if mauifrog has anything to say.

    RedArrow

  8. 1 User Says Thank You RedArrow For This Useful Post


  9. #725
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bangkok - Thailand
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Can anybody actually confirm that the data filling method does not work?

    If I would try to do this, how many games would I need to have savegames for?
    if it doesn't work can I clean some space again from within the games, or would I be f**** for any future possibilities?

  10. 1 User Says Thank You renevdkooi For This Useful Post


  11. #726
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,187
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,584 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by renevdkooi View Post
    Can anybody actually confirm that the data filling method does not work?

    If I would try to do this, how many games would I need to have savegames for?
    if it doesn't work can I clean some space again from within the games, or would I be f**** for any future possibilities?
    If you read post # one, you will see what does not work
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  12. 1 User Says Thank You mauifrog For This Useful Post


  13. #727
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bangkok - Thailand
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    If you read post # one, you will see what does not work
    it just says it fails, but not what happened. Did you just get send back into the 003 error or did it not go to data management?
    The reason for asking is, when you are in mario kart and go to the network settings, it will show the Wii menu wifi settings. Which means it gets into the menu. Just can't get back from there.
    you see where I am going? maybe there are other options/games which get you to data management?

  14. 1 User Says Thank You renevdkooi For This Useful Post


  15. #728
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    423
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 36 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by renevdkooi View Post
    it just says it fails, but not what happened. Did you just get send back into the 003 error or did it not go to data management?
    The reason for asking is, when you are in mario kart and go to the network settings, it will show the Wii menu wifi settings. Which means it gets into the menu. Just can't get back from there.
    you see where I am going? maybe there are other options/games which get you to data management?
    I'm no expert on Nintendo's inner works, but I'd say they have closed this loophole for security reasons. Another theory is that data management calls a new ES Ioctlv(0x45) which got added in IOS70 on other IOS' this Ioctlv always returns -1017.
    If the korean-common-key is present IOS70 will return 0, which will then trigger the error in the system menu. Yeh I know I copied it from wiibrew but I couldn't phrase it better.

    RedArrow

  16. 1 User Says Thank You RedArrow For This Useful Post


  17. #729
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bangkok - Thailand
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    so I guess we are all out of ideas for the moment?

    news on a new System Software?

  18. #730
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by renevdkooi View Post
    so I guess we are all out of ideas for the moment?

    news on a new System Software?
    yep, unfortunately seems like it... hope some brilliant chap or the existing gurus can come out with a different approach or idea to think off...

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •