Page 6 of 202 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 2017

Thread: Guide: How to fix Korean 4.2 error: 003 unauthorized device has been detected

  1. #51
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    i will wait for you

    Quote Originally Posted by Common_Sense View Post
    You mean once SSBB loads he cannot run smash stack because of 4.2? I guess if SSBB booted up fine for him smash stack should work?

    I am getting hopefull now, will try and see if I can rent SSBB retail
    if you can do this, post here step by step how to , may be help a lot to find a way to bypass or fix this 003

  2. #52
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BiancoCF View Post
    if you can do this, post here step by step how to , may be help a lot to find a way to bypass or fix this 003
    My wii is korean wii with 3.2U, can play backup games.
    then I online upgrade it to 4.2, after restart I got Error:003

    I bought a GC controller, press 4 buttons at same time did not work, I took a part of the GC and then savemiifrii works, screen showed black with right bottom corner as "4.2 USA".

    After going to this recovery mode, I rented a retail SSBB NTSC-U game, but it did not autoboot at all. then I read forums, looks like even you install drivekey it wont work for this case either.

    Now I am waiting other solution, at least let me see something else on the screen other than "Error:003"

  3. #53
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by martin888 View Post
    My wii is korean wii with 3.2U, can play backup games.
    then I online upgrade it to 4.2, after restart I got Error:003

    I bought a GC controller, press 4 buttons at same time did not work, I took a part of the GC and then savemiifrii works, screen showed black with right bottom corner as "4.2 USA".

    After going to this recovery mode, I rented a retail SSBB NTSC-U game, but it did not autoboot at all. then I read forums, looks like even you install drivekey it wont work for this case either.

    Now I am waiting other solution, at least let me see something else on the screen other than "Error:003"
    For the retail version you will need a drivekey with autoboot configured (this is not default so you have to choose it first in the drivekey setup) and then you should be able to autoboot brawl.

    If you have no drivekey you cannot autoboot brawl retail version. You can try and download the game and patch for autoboot. This works for SSBB pal for what I know but not for SSBB ntsc which get "insert disc" error.

    Smash stack can only work for ntsc version so far so we either need it to be ported to pal version or we need to autoboot ntsc version.

    I will try to autoboot burned copy of SSBB pal to see if it works, then I can always hope for Smash stack pal version to be realeased.

    Hopefully I find a place to rent SSBB ntsc so I can try the trick of booting up with autoboot patched burned copy and swith to retail.

    I will post as soon as I have something to report.

    There is a little light in the tunnel at least

  4. 1 User Says Thank You Common_Sense For This Useful Post


  5. #54
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hello,
    I have a korean Wii updated to 4.2U and with error 003 now

    I have installed an old D2B dvd drive in it with a PIC12F629 which i have flashed Yaosm3.2 with region set to USA

    I can run autoboot games (patched with bootme ) like Zelda and MarioKart and play them fine now.

    I have a copy of SSBB NTSC USA that i patched too to autoboot, the disc spins and loads then give me the error: Insert the Super Smash Bross Brawl Disc.

    I have also the PAL DVD5 version of SSBB, i also patched it to autoboot, but the disc wont load at all, because of the different region.

    Now I'm downloading the DVD5 version of SSBB NTSC/USA , i will patch it to autoboot and try it too, this is my last chance to fix this wii....
    I will post results when i got it all downloaded.

    Roger

  6. 1 User Says Thank You Rogero For This Useful Post


  7. #55
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogero View Post
    Hello,
    I have a korean Wii updated to 4.2U and with error 003 now

    I have installed an old D2B dvd drive in it with a PIC12F629 which i have flashed Yaosm3.2 with region set to USA

    I can run autoboot games (patched with bootme ) like Zelda and MarioKart and play them fine now.

    I have a copy of SSBB NTSC USA that i patched too to autoboot, the disc spins and loads then give me the error: Insert the Super Smash Bross Brawl Disc.

    I have also the PAL DVD5 version of SSBB, i also patched it to autoboot, but the disc wont load at all, because of the different region.

    Now I'm downloading the DVD5 version of SSBB NTSC/USA , i will patch it to autoboot and try it too, this is my last chance to fix this wii....
    I will post results when i got it all downloaded.

    Roger
    Did you ever softmod you wii before you update to 4.2?
    do you update to 4.2 by online or offline?
    My korean did not softmod before and update online via internet.

    In your case, you may try to play more games to fill the NAND full, then hack it.

  8. #56
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    well i got my retail ssb but i havent tested it yet. but will try as soon as i have some free time. anyway my wii is a korean version region changed to u.s. as far as i can remember i never installed softmod since i have a sunkey anyway.

    if indeed that 4.2 will block the smash stack then i guess then there would be no more way for us to boot homebrew but how was illinialex the guy who made a video fixing the error 003 able to boot homebrew? from the video it seems like he used smash stack also he has released some files to fix the error 003 but then it seems like the files can no longer be found.

    anway i hope we could also find a way to fix this error.

  9. #57
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    the wii of video from youtube is not korean...

    Quote Originally Posted by rolla03 View Post
    well i got my retail ssb but i havent tested it yet. but will try as soon as i have some free time. anyway my wii is a korean version region changed to u.s. as far as i can remember i never installed softmod since i have a sunkey anyway.

    if indeed that 4.2 will block the smash stack then i guess then there would be no more way for us to boot homebrew but how was illinialex the guy who made a video fixing the error 003 able to boot homebrew? from the video it seems like he used smash stack also he has released some files to fix the error 003 but then it seems like the files can no longer be found.

    anway i hope we could also find a way to fix this error.

    if you read the descryption on video of illinialex , you will understand why, it have a previous cios and other things , and i think his console is not a korean 003, becouse have some pal and usa region changed with 003 , but in this case with autoboot drivekey and savemiifrii it can boot the SSBB and other discs with HB, i read so many times and try a lot, it's the only possible chance ... where is the wise hackers? why this taking so many time to fix? we have to break this....

  10. #58
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by martin888 View Post
    Did you ever softmod you wii before you update to 4.2?
    do you update to 4.2 by online or offline?
    My korean did not softmod before and update online via internet.

    In your case, you may try to play more games to fill the NAND full, then hack it.
    NAND Fill Trick will not help with error 003 !
    and DVD5 SSBB will not boot on 4.2 because it not have trucha bug anymore

    only way to fix 003 is if you have indiana jones save exploit in the system , then boot your region autobootable indiana jones (need a modchip) and use exploit to start recovery tools, if you not have the save you are screwed!

    SSBB is useless , it cant help to fix 003
    SSBB US version will not autoboot
    SSBB PAL exploit not exist , and when it will comeout it will not help on fixing US consoles because 4.2 will not boot it, so it will help to fix only PAL systems.

    for now we need other Exploit same like SSBB with no save-game preinstalled.

  11. #59
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,572 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by LordX View Post
    NAND Fill Trick will not help with error 003 !
    and DVD5 SSBB will not boot on 4.2 because it not have trucha bug anymore

    only way to fix 003 is if you have indiana jones save exploit in the system , then boot your region autobootable indiana jones (need a modchip) and use exploit to start recovery tools, if you not have the save you are screwed!

    SSBB is useless , it cant help to fix 003
    SSBB US version will not autoboot
    SSBB PAL exploit not exist , and when it will comeout it will not help on fixing US consoles because 4.2 will not boot it, so it will help to fix only PAL systems.

    for now we need other Exploit same like SSBB with no save-game preinstalled.
    If one is able to fill their nand, they can put the indiana pwns save file onto the wii.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  12. #60
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    If one is able to fill their nand, they can put the indiana pwns save file onto the wii.
    It's a good try but I read the thread you linked to in your initial post about filling the NAND memory with save files and it seems the concensus is that it's not working if you have error 003.

  13. 1 User Says Thank You Common_Sense For This Useful Post


Page 6 of 202 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •