Page 57 of 202 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 2017

Thread: Guide: How to fix Korean 4.2 error: 003 unauthorized device has been detected

  1. #561
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Actually, I'm following the guide from the beginning of this post. But when I open the WIIScrubber mario kart and not against the partition 2, I can not continue.

  2. #562
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bangkok - Thailand
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Homerjay View Post
    Actually, I'm following the guide from the beginning of this post. But when I open the WIIScrubber mario kart and not against the partition 2, I can not continue.
    You'd be better off getting a new disc then. Just to make sure.

  3. #563
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    423
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 36 Times in 33 Posts
    We should concentrate on a new solution for those who don't have trucha. Any ideas?

    RedArrow

  4. #564
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi,

    I am not sure if this issue is related to this thread, sorry if I unintentionally hijacked.

    My Wii
    - Korean Wii with Error 003
    - Was previously softmodded
    - WiiKey installed (Swap drive with another hardmodded Wii)

    I tried using the mario kart method, but in vain.
    I am able to go into recovery mode and the NTSC Mario Kart did boot but goes into black screen. Then I tried using original Wii Fit and Wii Fit plus, same behaviour, after recovery mode it goes into black screen.
    Without going into recovery mode, the Error 003 message shows, but after going into recovery mode, I am unable to boot any game, be it original or burnt.

    Can I confirm that this is because I have full brick my Wii?

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

  5. #565
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    423
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 36 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gordian View Post
    Hi,

    I am not sure if this issue is related to this thread, sorry if I unintentionally hijacked.

    My Wii
    - Korean Wii with Error 003
    - Was previously softmodded
    - WiiKey installed (Swap drive with another hardmodded Wii)

    I tried using the mario kart method, but in vain.
    I am able to go into recovery mode and the NTSC Mario Kart did boot but goes into black screen. Then I tried using original Wii Fit and Wii Fit plus, same behaviour, after recovery mode it goes into black screen.
    Without going into recovery mode, the Error 003 message shows, but after going into recovery mode, I am unable to boot any game, be it original or burnt.

    Can I confirm that this is because I have full brick my Wii?

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks
    I doubt you could have two different bricks at the same time, try patching your games to autoboot & make sure your modchip is configured to autoboot, with the wiikey, there is an update disc to update the wiikey, enabling it to autoboot discs. If you can configure it to autoboot, you won't need the disc, however if you can't, you can update the wiikey to autoboot with the disc. This will have to be done on a non-bricked wii, I don't know if wiikey has a config menu or anything someone else will have to help you.

    RedArrow

  6. #566
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedArrow View Post
    I doubt you could have two different bricks at the same time, try patching your games to autoboot & make sure your modchip is configured to autoboot, with the wiikey, there is an update disc to update the wiikey, enabling it to autoboot discs. If you can configure it to autoboot, you won't need the disc, however if you can't, you can update the wiikey to autoboot with the disc. This will have to be done on a non-bricked wii, I don't know if wiikey has a config menu or anything someone else will have to help you.

    RedArrow
    I believe my chip have already been set to auto boot, because if I used a PAL disc, it would stay at the recovery menu with the 4.2U at the bottom right.
    But if I were to use a NTSC disc patch with auto boot or original, you would hear some noise from the disc drive and it would goes into black screen and nothing else.

    But nevertheless, I would swap my drive again and check the Wiikey config.
    If its already set to autoboot, any idea what went wrong? A mission IOS? I have tried to patch the Mario Kart with all sort of IOS, 36, 250, 249, 38, 33, etc but the behaviour is still the same.

  7. #567
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    423
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 36 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gordian View Post
    I believe my chip have already been set to auto boot, because if I used a PAL disc, it would stay at the recovery menu with the 4.2U at the bottom right.
    But if I were to use a NTSC disc patch with auto boot or original, you would hear some noise from the disc drive and it would goes into black screen and nothing else.
    PAL doesn't boot on NTSC!! Maybe the reason it won't boot is because you swapped your DVD Drive for a newer one, which WiiKey cannot be applied to.

    RedArrow

  8. #568
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    can anyone tell me how to replace the RevoKartNR.wad? coz when i press replace the section say it is successfully, now reparsing but when i click the file again the RevoKartNr.wad it is still there. not being replaced by CIOS70

  9. #569
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedArrow View Post
    PAL doesn't boot on NTSC!! Maybe the reason it won't boot is because you swapped your DVD Drive for a newer one, which WiiKey cannot be applied to.

    RedArrow
    Nope, I swop the whole DVD drive. FYI, Hardmod is done on the DVD drive, which mean by swoping the drive, I actually hardmodded the Wii.

    Yes I know PAL does not boot at a 4.2U because 4.2U block region free, I am just highlighting the autoboot observation that I have.
    What I am suspecting is that, somehow, during my attemp to fix my Error 003, I might have mess up my IOS and remove some critical IOS which cause my situation (i.e. potentially full brick)

  10. #570
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bangkok - Thailand
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    You can try what you want, but you will fnd out after a while that (with a drivekey set to autoboot correctly) it will only boot NTSC.
    And that your wii is really picky on the dvd's.

    I have found SONY DVD-R to be working very well. And NTSC version of mariokart, fit, fit plus and all others work like a charm as long as hey are NTSC.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •