Page 178 of 202 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 2017

Thread: Guide: How to fix Korean 4.2 error: 003 unauthorized device has been detected

  1. #1771
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Question Request pls

    I have been reading your post but there is still a lot i cant understand like first
    how to patch ssbb-pal.iso
    and do i download the 3 games [mario kart, wii fit, rabbids go] from a torrent as an iso and burn it on a dvd or do i buy it.
    i mean i cant understand from where i get the iso you mentioned
    If you have the time can you make the explaining more simple

  2. #1772
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Post Request for assistance in sorting out the 003 fix

    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    Possibly no modchip, possibly a non compatible dvd drive for backup loading.
    Hi mauifrog, I've bought a Korean wii (4,2 USA) that's now reading the 003 error. At the time that I bought it, I was told that it was a mod-Wii with a chip installed. So far, I've read and tried to follow the MarioKart-PWNS method to fix my Korean wii but to no avail. After burning the discs 1 & 2, I managed to enter the Recovery mode in my wii, but when disc1 is loaded, the screen just turns blank and nothing happens thereafter. Much appreciated if you can shed some light on the problem (i.e. wrong iso file, alternative method etc.?). Thanks in advance for your assistance and sharing your knowledge to all of us clueless out there!

  3. #1773
    New Member buloy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiewiibrick View Post
    Hi mauifrog, I've bought a Korean wii (4,2 USA) that's now reading the 003 error. At the time that I bought it, I was told that it was a mod-Wii with a chip installed. So far, I've read and tried to follow the MarioKart-PWNS method to fix my Korean wii but to no avail. After burning the discs 1 & 2, I managed to enter the Recovery mode in my wii, but when disc1 is loaded, the screen just turns blank and nothing happens thereafter. Much appreciated if you can shed some light on the problem (i.e. wrong iso file, alternative method etc.?). Thanks in advance for your assistance and sharing your knowledge to all of us clueless out there!
    Please make sure your's wii have modchip, open up your's wii and look for it.
    If MarioKart-PWNS method not working, switch to SwapDisc-PWNS method.

  4. 1 User Says Thank You buloy For This Useful Post


  5. #1774
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi buloy, thanks for the info. I've taken apart my wii and it does have a modchip installed. I've also tried the Swap Disc-PWNS method, and have loaded the first disc but when I load the ssbb-pal, the screen goes blank and then the same error 003 comes up. I'm now wondering if I did some step wrong? The 1st disc was loaded until the start screen, where I pressed [Home] on the wiimote & ejected the disc to insert the ssbb-pal. After that, I've tried pressing the reset option on the wiimote. When this didn't work, I repeated the whole process, but instead of pressing reset, I pressed [Home] on the wiimote again to go back to main screen where it then goes black & the error msg comes up. There's no reappearance of the game title screen...anyways, will keep trying in the meantime while waiting to hear back for any tips. Thanks much!

  6. #1775
    New Member buloy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiewiibrick View Post
    Hi buloy, thanks for the info. I've taken apart my wii and it does have a modchip installed. I've also tried the Swap Disc-PWNS method, and have loaded the first disc but when I load the ssbb-pal, the screen goes blank and then the same error 003 comes up. I'm now wondering if I did some step wrong? The 1st disc was loaded until the start screen, where I pressed [Home] on the wiimote & ejected the disc to insert the ssbb-pal. After that, I've tried pressing the reset option on the wiimote. When this didn't work, I repeated the whole process, but instead of pressing reset, I pressed [Home] on the wiimote again to go back to main screen where it then goes black & the error msg comes up. There's no reappearance of the game title screen...anyways, will keep trying in the meantime while waiting to hear back for any tips. Thanks much!
    Most games will require you to load to the title screen, if you using Castlevania as disc 1, at the title screen press [HOME] on the wiimote, swap discs, press [HOME], now listen to the wii drive, as soon as the drive clicks to spin up the disc, press [HOME], then click reset on the wii screen. The timing will be different for every game. Some games you can just restart, others need the spin up first.
    And may i know what kind of modchip installed inside your's wii ?

  7. #1776
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hello mauifrog,
    thank you for the info with the modchip and your guide i have bring my wii back to life and play now from usb my games look movies and play music
    the wii with the right apps is same multimedia box with intenet.
    best regards
    shoffm72

  8. #1777
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok, I've finally managed to reboot my Wii - thanks much for your advice! Am so happy now...saved a bomb as the shop wanted to charge me $300 just to fix it & enable it to continue playing non-original games. Am so glad for the information found online & thank everyone for contributing their expert advice!

  9. #1778
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey guys, avid reader; first time poster...

    I received a 003 error Wii last night from a friend, I'll tell you the story.

    He bought the Wii just over a year ago from eBay. He didn't know it was korean or anything, he just played it as a normal Wii. He hasn't used it for nearly a year so he says, but he wanted to play the new metroid. One thing leads to another, he tried to update it... bam, 003.

    Now, after reading this guide I thought, I have the tools and knowledge, I'll give it a go. How wrong I was.

    I loaded the RM, and it said the fw was 4.3(USA). So I successfuly installed a wiikey2 and copied my original ssbb(pal) and mariokart(usa) to the folder and started the batch file to make my disk 1 and 2 isos. A note I must add, I noticed when it was making the isos, it said disk 1 was usa, disk 2 was pal, but they ate not, I mean my originals are not.

    Anyway, I booted the console into RM, and loaded disk 1. Span for about 5 seconds, laser moved then disk stopped spinning. I tried this a few times to no avail. Tried disk 2 too.

    I then put MY console into RM and tried to load the disk from that, same thing happened.

    So I'm thinking its the disks. I burned them onto verbs btw, so good media.

    So if there is any advice or questions needed answered, ask away. Cheers

  10. #1779
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,572 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordBubbles View Post
    Hey guys, avid reader; first time poster...

    I received a 003 error Wii last night from a friend, I'll tell you the story.

    He bought the Wii just over a year ago from eBay. He didn't know it was korean or anything, he just played it as a normal Wii. He hasn't used it for nearly a year so he says, but he wanted to play the new metroid. One thing leads to another, he tried to update it... bam, 003.

    Now, after reading this guide I thought, I have the tools and knowledge, I'll give it a go. How wrong I was.

    I loaded the RM, and it said the fw was 4.3(USA). So I successfuly installed a wiikey2 and copied my original ssbb(pal) and mariokart(usa) to the folder and started the batch file to make my disk 1 and 2 isos. A note I must add, I noticed when it was making the isos, it said disk 1 was usa, disk 2 was pal, but they ate not, I mean my originals are not.

    Anyway, I booted the console into RM, and loaded disk 1. Span for about 5 seconds, laser moved then disk stopped spinning. I tried this a few times to no avail. Tried disk 2 too.

    I then put MY console into RM and tried to load the disk from that, same thing happened.

    So I'm thinking its the disks. I burned them onto verbs btw, so good media.

    So if there is any advice or questions needed answered, ask away. Cheers
    First try to get an unpatched mario kart to boot. The game needs to load from RM to do anything. Perhaps your dump of the iso is corrupt or fakesigned.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  11. 1 User Says Thank You mauifrog For This Useful Post


  12. #1780
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    First try to get an unpatched mario kart to boot. The game needs to load from RM to do anything. Perhaps your dump of the iso is corrupt or fakesigned.
    But don't I need to patch it to autoboot from RM? I'll source another copy. Cheers Mauifrog

    Edit: Just tried to normal boot both disks in my wii, and they both come up 'unable to read disk', bad burn maybe?
    Last edited by OverlordBubbles; 07-22-2011 at 08:40 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •