Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: Banner Bricked Wii - help needed with Savemefrii

  1. #1
    Junior Member smurff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Banner Bricked Wii - help needed with Savemefrii

    I have installed a bad wad and banner bricked my wii, it loads the health and safety screen then i press A then i get a black screen and thats were it freezes.

    What i have tried:-

    I have tried the savemefrii option, i got it to display to system menu which was 3.1 eur, i then inserted an original Game call Sing which had an update on it which then took my system menu to 3.4eur, but again it loads the health and safety screen then i press A and this is where it freezes again.

    Which is the best solution to try assuming they would work that is:-

    option 1 - buy an autoboot mod chip, run savemefree and autoboot one of the dics such as wad manager, universal brick disc etc, which one would be best?

    option 2 - purchase a copy of New Super Mario Bros and install the update from the disc using savemefrii

    can any tell me for sure if any of these options would work or if not what is the best way for me to go - Can my wii be fixed - evan back to a virgin will do.

  2. #2
    Retired WiiHacks Staff Tealc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sunny Wales, UK
    Posts
    7,152
    Thanks
    502
    Thanked 4,104 Times in 2,453 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    You need to remove the offending wad you installed to cure the problem. No update will ever help in this case.

    What you need is bootmii/boot2 installed. Preloader is now immaterial is you updated your Wii so it would be gone now. If you didn't do that then your only option is your option 1.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

  3. #3
    Junior Member smurff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealc View Post
    You need to remove the offending wad you installed to cure the problem. No update will ever help in this case.

    What you need is bootmii/boot2 installed. Preloader is now immaterial is you updated your Wii so it would be gone now. If you didn't do that then your only option is your option 1.
    thanks Tealc, I will order my modchip tonight, which would be the best modchip to purchase? do i have to make sure its an autobooting modchip?

  4. #4
    Retired WiiHacks Staff Tealc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sunny Wales, UK
    Posts
    7,152
    Thanks
    502
    Thanked 4,104 Times in 2,453 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Depends on your Wii and what board it has. Check your serial number against one of the lists on the modchip sites. Some are not autobooters and will need to be set as such on a functioning Wii beforehand. I'm afraid my knowledge of modchips is extremely limited.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,191
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,585 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    If you order the modchip, you must ensure that the chip is preconfigued to autoboot. You will not be able to configure it yourself until you fix your banner brick.

    I have a wasabi dx, I think it is great as it can be installed as a wasabi zero on supported drives for full 6x speed, or installed on the drive ribbon for newer drives at 3x speed. Also they are being sold preconfigured here.

    Any chip supporting your drive and preconfigured to autoboot should work.

    Once you get the chip you should be able to use one of these autoboot disks to uninstall the wad.
    AutoBoot Bootmii
    AutoBoot Universal Unbrick Disc V2
    AutoBoot Wad-Manager<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
    Last edited by mauifrog; 11-23-2009 at 09:09 AM.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  6. 1 User Says Thank You mauifrog For This Useful Post


  7. #6
    Junior Member smurff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    If you order the modchip, you must ensure that the chip is preconfigued to autoboot. You will not be able to configure it yourself until you fix your banner brick.

    I have a wasabi dx, I think it is great as it can be installed as a wasabi zero on supported drives for full 6x speed, or installed on the drive ribbon for newer drives at 3x speed. Also they are being sold preconfigured here.

    Any chip supporting your drive and preconfigured to autoboot should work.

    Once you get the chip you should be able to use one of these autoboot disks to uninstall the wad.
    AutoBoot Bootmii
    AutoBoot Universal Unbrick Disc V2
    AutoBoot Wad-Manager<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
    thanks, i let you know how i get on......

  8. #7
    Junior Member smurff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    If you order the modchip, you must ensure that the chip is preconfigued to autoboot. You will not be able to configure it yourself until you fix your banner brick.

    I have a wasabi dx, I think it is great as it can be installed as a wasabi zero on supported drives for full 6x speed, or installed on the drive ribbon for newer drives at 3x speed. Also they are being sold preconfigured here.

    Any chip supporting your drive and preconfigured to autoboot should work.

    Once you get the chip you should be able to use one of these autoboot disks to uninstall the wad.
    AutoBoot Bootmii
    AutoBoot Universal Unbrick Disc V2
    AutoBoot Wad-Manager<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
    Hi Maulfrog,

    Update on where i am at the moment,

    I have installed my drivekey modchip which i got the seller to pre-configure autoboot for me, my problem is that i can only get original games/discs to work, none of the fix discs (autoboot wad manager, nintendo universal disc etc) will load nor will any of my copied games load either, now obviously the modchip is working as i could not get anything to load beforehand.

    I load the wii using the gamecube pad which loads my wii version which is 3.4eur, then i insert one of the fix discs but nothing happens, the disc stops spinning as previsouly said the only discs that will run are original wii discs, is there nything i can try or is there somthing i am not doing, any help please would be very much appreciated....
    Last edited by smurff; 11-26-2009 at 10:55 PM.

  9. #8
    Junior Member smurff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealc View Post
    Depends on your Wii and what board it has. Check your serial number against one of the lists on the modchip sites. Some are not autobooters and will need to be set as such on a functioning Wii beforehand. I'm afraid my knowledge of modchips is extremely limited.
    Hi Tealc,

    Can you give any help on the following please:-

    Update on where i am at the moment,

    I have installed my drivekey modchip which i got the seller to pre-configure autoboot for me, my problem is that i can only get original games/discs to work, none of the fix discs (autoboot wad manager, nintendo universal disc etc) will load nor will any of my copied games load either, now obviously the modchip is working as i could not get anything to load beforehand.

    I load the wii using the gamecube pad which loads my wii version which is 3.4eur, then i insert one of the fix discs but nothing happens, the disc stops spinning as previsouly said the only discs that will run are original wii discs, is there nything i can try or is there somthing i am not doing, any help please would be very much appreciated....

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,191
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,585 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by smurff View Post
    Hi Maulfrog,

    Update on where i am at the moment,

    I have installed my drivekey modchip which i got the seller to pre-configure autoboot for me, my problem is that i can only get original games/discs to work, none of the fix discs (autoboot wad manager, nintendo universal disc etc) will load nor will any of my copied games load either, now obviously the modchip is working as i could not get anything to load beforehand.

    I load the wii using the gamecube pad which loads my wii version which is 3.4eur, then i insert one of the fix discs but nothing happens, the disc stops spinning as previsouly said the only discs that will run are original wii discs, is there nything i can try or is there somthing i am not doing, any help please would be very much appreciated....
    I can't be sure, but I do believe that you can boot an original disk using savemiifrii without a modchip. Assuming that your burning methods and media are acceptable, I would think the issue is with the chip- perhaps not set to autoboot. You did say that the originals did not load before the chip? Have you tried it with the disk already inserted?

    If I am correct about original disks booting without a modchip, then I think the chip is not autobooting. If I am wrong, then it could be the media, or burning methods- but you have been burning good games, yes?

    Quote Originally Posted by savemii
    SaveMii is a small dongle that is plugged into a Wii's Gamecube memory card slot. It mimicks a test interface that is believed to be used in Nintendo's own facilities (dubbed “Waikiki” by Nintendo).
    When the System Menu is started and such a device is found, much of the System Menu's code is skipped. Instead, the System Menu checks the validity of the disk, runs an update from the inserted disk if present, and then tries to start a diagnostic – also known “autoboot” – disk.
    This will allow updates from legit Wii disks to fix the system data. Or, if the Wii's system hasn't been updated to version 3.3 yet and is equipped with a modchip, even run custom-made disks containing updates or homebrew tools to modify the system.
    Last edited by mauifrog; 11-26-2009 at 11:29 PM.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  11. #10
    Junior Member smurff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    I can't be sure, but I do believe that you can boot an original disk using savemiifrii without a modchip. Assuming that your burning methods and media are acceptable, I would think the issue is with the chip- perhaps not set to autoboot. You did say that the originals did not load before the chip? Have you tried it with the disk already inserted?

    If I am correct about original disks booting without a modchip, then I think the chip is not autobooting. If I am wrong, then it could be the media, or burning methods- but you have been burning good games, yes?
    The wii will boot the orignal games stratight from the off without using savemefrii with the modchip installed, i have tried booting the wii with the fix discs in from the start, no joy, i have also tried inserting the fix discs once i have got my region up using savemefrii, still no joy but the original games will load from the start or with savemefrii.

    Yes all my games have been good burns, il will have to try other discs, the seller has told me that the modchip is already pre-configured and i am sure he is telling the truth as the modchip came with the rapper opened and the modchip already had a cable attached, i have read something to do with trucha discs or something like that, could this have anything to do with my problem?

    if the original games load will i have any problems in the future with games that have updates etc?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •