Black screen on boot, no preloader, nand available
I stupidly tried to install preloader on my Wii, which appeared to have corrupted my system files. Preloader started and HBC works, but the system menu would not appear, instead I got the patchy-text "System files are corrupt. Consult Wii operations manual"
Again, stupidly, I mis-followed some advice about fixing the system files, so I installed the IOS for PAL 3.2 system menu, seemingly like this fella did:-
From this point, I couldn't even access the preloader menu - turning on the wii cycles the dvd drive, but nothing appears on-screen.
Originally Posted by dimebag123
My serial no. is LEH2575xxxx. I was on system menu 3.2
I do have a NAND backup, being able to use the WAD version of BootMii (it wouldn't install as a partition) but can't get anything on-screen to enable any sort of recovery using it...
1) Am I dumb? Well, yes, so lets move to Q2...
2) In your opinions, will a drivekey (or equivalent) modchip enable me to boot an autoboot disk using a gamecube controller and do a full repair to my backed up NAND file/use wad manager autoboot, or something similar? I have another Wii I have access to if required. There are so many reports about status of being able to access recovery menus etc (don't think I can because the system menu won't boot), I don't know whether it can repair this type of brick or not.
3) Is there a better way to get it back working again?
4) I'm in the UK - I understand Nintendo UK aren't keen on people homebrewing their Wii and charge people a fortune to replace it. Can they tell what I've done to it if it won't even boot up?
5) What sort of cost would a homebrew damaged Wii be to repair by Nintendo, in pounds? Anyone get stung? Am I just better cutting my losses and buying a new one (eventually?)