Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Semi-brick or not

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Semi-brick or not

    my wii was hacked for firmware 4 and was working fine with the usb load and such

    but decided to try the gfx load for i could have a channel for it and after the wad batch thing ran it now says sytem files are corrupt

    however if i hold the reset button when powering up and goto the systemmenu and choose the home brew channel i can get in that way to load the original usb loader and play games but would like to get the wii booting normally

    anyone able to help me please

  2. #2
    New Member sociallyantisocial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Posts
    706
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 781 Times in 143 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsond3010 View Post
    my wii was hacked for firmware 4 and was working fine with the usb load and such

    but decided to try the gfx load for i could have a channel for it and after the wad batch thing ran it now says sytem files are corrupt

    however if i hold the reset button when powering up and goto the systemmenu and choose the home brew channel i can get in that way to load the original usb loader and play games but would like to get the wii booting normally

    anyone able to help me please
    What exactly is the issue? Is it while you were installing a wad it said system files corrupt? Is everything else working alright but the wii booting issue. If you can go back in to wad manager and uninstall the wad you loaded for the gfx load

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i looked and the wad batch doesn't have a uninstall option

    i think there was a couple of other wads on the sd card

    but not sure exactly what

  4. #4
    New Member sociallyantisocial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Posts
    706
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 781 Times in 143 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsond3010 View Post
    i looked and the wad batch doesn't have a uninstall option

    i think there was a couple of other wads on the sd card

    but not sure exactly what
    I would try Any Title Deleter and see if you can find it and uninstall it that way

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks I must be missing something cause i cant load the program cause i can only go straight into the homebrew application itself and load usb load and wad manager

  6. #6
    New Member sociallyantisocial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Posts
    706
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 781 Times in 143 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsond3010 View Post
    Thanks I must be missing something cause i cant load the program cause i can only go straight into the homebrew application itself and load usb load and wad manager
    Any Title Deleter is an app you can run from the homebrew menu

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for got to put it under the apps folder.

    but i think my wad batch loader reloaded the cios249 so not sure if i can remove it or what

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Ca

    Anyone got any idea's who i can fix it

  9. #9
    Retired WiiHacks Staff Tealc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sunny Wales, UK
    Posts
    7,152
    Thanks
    502
    Thanked 4,103 Times in 2,453 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    You've already been given the information on how to do it.

    Anytitledeleter will allow you to uninstall the bad wad you installed. Don't uninstall anything else as you might full brick.

    Not sure what this means
    my wad batch loader reloaded the cios249 so not sure if i can remove it or what
    If you need a new cIOS then just install that using one of the cIOS installer packages available. If you can't do that then do TBR so that you can.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Was looking for some instructions on using the anytitledeleter to remove that was

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •