Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Safe? Returning A Bricked Wii?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Arrow Returning A Bricked Wii? Safe?

    I recently purchased a Wii LU39 from Walmart, and tried to softmod. After trying every single type of method/media, I gave up, nothing worked.

    I wanted to "revirginize" my Wii, so I followed the tutorial in the tutorial section.

    I used the homebrew channel to open a firmware downgrader. The software said it was a success, then said push A to reboot. It stayed there for 10 minutes before I figured it froze, so I pulled the power.

    When I turn it on, the screen just stays black. No health and safety warning.

    Its only a week old, from Walmart. Is it safe to return it.

    I have registered the serial number on Club Nintendo. If I return it to Walmart, and when they return it to Nintendo, they find out its been attempted to be softmodded, can I run into problems?

    Thanks for ANY AND ALL help.
    Last edited by webzn; 08-20-2009 at 09:30 PM.

  2. #2
    New Member Cressida's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 1,924 Times in 87 Posts
    You can try and return it, as it is only a week old they may just exchange it.
    If Nintendo do a analysis on it, they will be able to detect softmod changes, and probably charge you a ridiculous cost to fix it, as it will void warranty.
    GOOD MEN SLEEP SOUNDLY
    AT NIGHT,
    KNOWING THAT ROUGH MEN
    STAND READY TO DO VIOLENCE ON THEIR BEHALF IF THEY DON'T INSTALL IOS 38, 53, 55.

    Press at the bottom right of the post if this response was of any assistance.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cressida View Post
    You can try and return it, as it is only a week old they may just exchange it.
    If Nintendo do a analysis on it, they will be able to detect softmod changes, and probably charge you a ridiculous cost to fix it, as it will void warranty.
    Thanks for the quick reply. Are you saying, even if I exchange it at Walmart, Nintendo may detect the softmod, and charge me as I am registered with them?

  4. #4
    cjizzle
    Guest
    Well, if you were going to mod it, why did you register it in the first place?...Just curious...

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjizzle View Post
    Well, if you were going to mod it, why did you register it in the first place?...Just curious...
    I registered it the day I got it, then a couple days later, I decided to try to mod it

  6. #6
    cjizzle
    Guest
    I suggest this: Take it back to Wal-Mart. Exchange it for a new one, and see if they will let you purchase the in-store warranty. It costs like 20 or 30 bucks, but if anything ever happens you just take your wii back there and get an exchange no questions asked. Their warranty is for two years I think. Don't register your new wii with ninty. There is no point other than their warranty, in which case if something happens you gotta send it to them directly and THAT is how you get charged out the yang.....

  7. #7
    cjizzle
    Guest
    Also, follow dogeggs 3.1 to 4.1 softmod any wii hack this time around. My buddy got an LU39 from wallyworld last week and I modded it for him using this guide and all is good. Good luck!

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjizzle View Post
    I suggest this: Take it back to Wal-Mart. Exchange it for a new one, and see if they will let you purchase the in-store warranty. It costs like 20 or 30 bucks, but if anything ever happens you just take your wii back there and get an exchange no questions asked. Their warranty is for two years I think. Don't register your new wii with ninty. There is no point other than their warranty, in which case if something happens you gotta send it to them directly and THAT is how you get charged out the yang.....
    And you don't think I may run into problems when Walmart sends my old one back to Nintendo?

    Also, follow dogeggs 3.1 to 4.1 softmod any wii hack this time around. My buddy got an LU39 from wallyworld last week and I modded it for him using this guide and all is good. Good luck!
    Actually, that is the one I used. I followed it to a T! But every time I tried to play a game, it would give me read error 1101. I tried Verbatim, Staples, and Maxell, at 2x, 4x, 8x, and MAX. None would work. The softmod did not brick my Wii, my attempt at restoring it did. I was using his guide to re-virginize it. The first step said download this to downgrade to 3.2. I opened it, downgraded. It seemed to have worked. It said press A to restart. I pushed it, after waiting about 10 minutes at the screen saying, "Rebooting...." I figured it froze so I hit reset button, and then it just stayed black.

    Thanks again for all your help!
    Last edited by webzn; 08-20-2009 at 09:26 PM.

  9. #9
    cjizzle
    Guest
    Yeah the ninty police are gonna fly over from japan and post up outside your house and take the family dog hostage....

  10. #10
    cjizzle
    Guest
    I used the UPGRADE to 4.1, not the downgrade and all went well.

    Sony DVD-R
    Last edited by cjizzle; 08-20-2009 at 09:32 PM. Reason: media type

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •