Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Black screen, bootmii and homebrew starts

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Post Black screen, bootmii and homebrew starts

    Hello,

    After shutting my wii down with the wiimote i only get a black screen when i want to start up the original menu of wii or a game via the homebrew channel (usb loader). So it still opens bootmii and i can open the homebrew channel and homebrew browser. Also the wiimotes won't work, looks like they are trying to sync. I have a PAL version and the firmware is 3.3e.
    So to be complete, i can access my SD card and my external disc.
    Can anyone help me to un(semi)brick my wii?
    Many thanks in advance!

    Extra information:
    It is a softmodded wii (twighlight hack), so no mod chip. I have used boot2.
    And i have used cIOS36_rev10
    Last edited by em_a_ile; 08-07-2009 at 12:01 AM.

  2. #2
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    did you do a nand backup with bootmii because if you did then you can restore your wii

  3. #3
    New Member jonathanb9595's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    697
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 159 Times in 121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by em_a_ile View Post
    Hello,

    After shutting my wii down with the wiimote i only get a black screen when i want to start up the original menu of wii or a game via the homebrew channel (usb loader). So it still opens bootmii and i can open the homebrew channel and homebrew browser. Also the wiimotes won't work, looks like they are trying to sync. I have a PAL version and the firmware is 3.3e.
    So to be complete, i can access my SD card and my external disc.
    Can anyone help me to un(semi)brick my wii?
    Many thanks in advance!

    Extra information:
    It is a softmodded wii (twighlight hack), so no mod chip. I have used boot2.
    And i have used cIOS36_rev10
    If you dont mind your system menu at 3.2e then use this:http://www.mediafire.com/file/zxz4tykjymm/unbickmii PAL.7z thats really my only idea at the moment because it sounds like the system menu is really messed up and i have only found an offline 3.2e unbrick. O ya install the ios30-64v wad first becasue if you dont it will screw your wii up even more

    This time i made sure....





    I'm gonna help you

    Wiihacks IRC
    MK:1333-5496-0297
    Brawl: 2406-5287-1013

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I tried to put a backup back, but it says that is the same, so nothing has to be changed.
    Can it be a problem with the bluetooth module?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanb9595 View Post
    If you dont mind your system menu at 3.2e then use this:http://www.mediafire.com/file/zxz4tykjymm/unbickmii PAL.7z thats really my only idea at the moment because it sounds like the system menu is really messed up and i have only found an offline 3.2e unbrick. O ya install the ios30-64v wad first becasue if you dont it will screw your wii up even more
    Thanks for the suggestion, but this seems dangerous. I will first try all other less dangerous options.

  6. #6
    Retired WiiHacks Staff Tealc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sunny Wales, UK
    Posts
    7,152
    Thanks
    502
    Thanked 4,104 Times in 2,453 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Safer would be to find a 3.3e System Menu v354 wad and install that using wad manager. There's no examples of it I can find on the internet but there must be some games that have it in the iso.

    Edit: Had a look through some of my isos and I can find no games with 3.3 update.
    Last edited by Tealc; 08-12-2009 at 02:31 PM.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Hi all,

    Think i have naffed my Wii.
    I downgraded to 3.2 from 4. Installed Bootmii and encountered the same problems as the top post. In a slight drunken haze i managed to delete all the files off my sd card. Now when i turn my wii on all i get is a black screen. Am i doomed???

    Twicks

  8. #8
    Retired WiiHacks Staff Tealc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sunny Wales, UK
    Posts
    7,152
    Thanks
    502
    Thanked 4,104 Times in 2,453 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Bootmii is not installed to SD card, it resides on the Wii memory. The fiels on the SD card simply are the files that load the mimi application you see. All you need to do is get the 3 files that are required and it will launch as before.

    Of course this depends on whether you have boot or IOS type install.

    Here's a copy of my bootmii folder, this is for my pal system so the ini might need modifying to suit your system. bootmii folder.rar

    What you don't say is the actual reason for your brick. DSid you perform a disc update perhaps?
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

  9. 1 User Says Thank You Tealc For This Useful Post


  10. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealc99 View Post
    Bootmii is not installed to SD card, it resides on the Wii memory. The fiels on the SD card simply are the files that load the mimi application you see. All you need to do is get the 3 files that are required and it will launch as before.

    Of course this depends on whether you have boot or IOS type install.

    Here's a copy of my bootmii folder, this is for my pal system so the ini might need modifying to suit your system. bootmii folder.rar

    What you don't say is the actual reason for your brick. DSid you perform a disc update perhaps?
    Hi Tealc,

    Thanks for the file. I can now get the Bootmii screen up.
    I have now backed it up again.

    The reason for the brick i am unsure of.

    I am now confused to hell. As said before i was downgrading it so i can run my Rock Band 2 instruments.
    The Bootmii home page comes up when i turn it on. When i click the Wii or HBC both turn black and nothing happens. I wish i had just left it as it was.

    Cheers Twicks

  11. #10
    Retired WiiHacks Staff Tealc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sunny Wales, UK
    Posts
    7,152
    Thanks
    502
    Thanked 4,104 Times in 2,453 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Right. This file cboot2.zip is cboot2 and should allow you to boot a wad manager application to reinstate your system menu.

    This replaces the normal bootmii folder so make sure you have a backup of your existing one.

    You might like to get your system back at 3.2 or 4.0 depending on how far you think your downgrade got before it failed. I have a limited supply of system menus in my mediafire, click my sig.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •