Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Think I have brick.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Think I have brick.

    I responded to an ad to softmod my Wii with Homebrew. I didn't know I had the 4.1 Wii firmware. The kid that modded it told me when I picked it up that the firmware I have (4.1) did not have Homebrew for it or something. I can access Homebrew menus and play Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis. I just cant access my Wii menu at all.

    Am I screwed? He said there should be a patch coming out for 4.1 and he would re mod it then and it should work perfect. Any truth to that? He was a really nice kid and seems trustworthy so I'm hoping.




    Thanks for any input really appriciate it.

  2. #2
    New Member jonathanb9595's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    697
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 159 Times in 121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconY View Post
    I responded to an ad to softmod my Wii with Homebrew. I didn't know I had the 4.1 Wii firmware. The kid that modded it told me when I picked it up that the firmware I have (4.1) did not have Homebrew for it or something. I can access Homebrew menus and play Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis. I just cant access my Wii menu at all.

    Am I screwed? He said there should be a patch coming out for 4.1 and he would re mod it then and it should work perfect. Any truth to that? He was a really nice kid and seems trustworthy so I'm hoping.




    Thanks for any input really appriciate it.
    so let me get this sraight you can accsess homebrew but not system menu? if thats the case use wad manager and install this System menu-NTSC-U-v417.rar its menu 4.0 but you can always use wanikoko's 4.1 updator to get back to it.

    This time i made sure....





    I'm gonna help you

    Wiihacks IRC
    MK:1333-5496-0297
    Brawl: 2406-5287-1013

  3. 1 User Says Thank You jonathanb9595 For This Useful Post


  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanb9595 View Post
    so let me get this sraight you can accsess homebrew but not system menu? if thats the case use wad manager and install this System menu-NTSC-U-v417.rar its menu 4.0 but you can always use wanikoko's 4.1 updator to get back to it.
    Forgive me bro, I am really new to all this. When I turn the Wii on I use the Gamecube controler and select Homebrew. If I choose the Wii icon it goes to a screen with a message I can't read because it's choppy. If I select the Homebrew channel I have access to the Sega Genesis emulator and SNES one. I cant play a Wii game or even get to the Wii Channels. Prior to modding I had upadated the Wii to 4.1 firmware. Am I screwed?

    Thanks for the response.

  5. #4
    New Member jonathanb9595's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    697
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 159 Times in 121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconY View Post
    Forgive me bro, I am really new to all this. When I turn the Wii on I use the Gamecube controler and select Homebrew. If I choose the Wii icon it goes to a screen with a message I can't read because it's choppy. If I select the Homebrew channel I have access to the Sega Genesis emulator and SNES one. I cant play a Wii game or even get to the Wii Channels. Prior to modding I had upadated the Wii to 4.1 firmware. Am I screwed?

    Thanks for the response.
    its ok everybody was new at one time anyway you will need WAD-Manager_v1.4.zip and the file from above download the file from above and on the root of your sd card make a wad folder and put the .wad file in it. Then put the new file wad manager in your apps folder and start it up and install the one and only file

    This time i made sure....





    I'm gonna help you

    Wiihacks IRC
    MK:1333-5496-0297
    Brawl: 2406-5287-1013

  6. 1 User Says Thank You jonathanb9595 For This Useful Post


  7. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanb9595 View Post
    its ok everybody was new at one time anyway you will need WAD-Manager_v1.4.zip and the file from above download the file from above and on the root of your sd card make a wad folder and put the .wad file in it. Then put the new file wad manager in your apps folder and start it up and install the one and only file
    Ok, on my SD card I have a folder named "WAD". In that folder are:

    Backup Launcher-WBKL.wad
    IOS50-64-v4889.wad
    IOS55-64-v5149.wad
    IOS53-64-v5149.wad
    IOS60patched.wad

    Do I also add the

    WAD-Manager_v1.4.dol

    to the same "WAD" folder?

  8. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I also have a WAD-Manager_v1.4 folder in my apps folder on the SD Card. It doesn't have WAD-Manager_v1.4.dol though. Should it?

    Thanks.

  9. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok I understand where everything needs to go thanks. I'm assuming once i put it back in the Wii I can run that file. Now you know I can see the Wii Icon when I first turn the Wii on it just freezes when it gets to the load screen. If I run this wad file will it mess things up even more or I will be able to make a back of my SD card and just re use that after.

  10. #8
    New Member jonathanb9595's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    697
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 159 Times in 121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconY View Post
    Ok I understand where everything needs to go thanks. I'm assuming once i put it back in the Wii I can run that file. Now you know I can see the Wii Icon when I first turn the Wii on it just freezes when it gets to the load screen. If I run this wad file will it mess things up even more or I will be able to make a back of my SD card and just re use that after.
    this re-installs the system menu back on which is missing on your wii.

    This time i made sure....





    I'm gonna help you

    Wiihacks IRC
    MK:1333-5496-0297
    Brawl: 2406-5287-1013

  11. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanb9595 View Post
    this re-installs the system menu back on which is missing on your wii.
    I did everything you said. Thank you! Amazing. Worked perfect. You are the man.

  12. #10
    New Member jonathanb9595's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    697
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 159 Times in 121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconY View Post
    I did everything you said. Thank you! Amazing. Worked perfect. You are the man.
    you can hit the blue thanx button on one of the postes and just an FYI your on 4.0 so use wanikoko's safe 4.1 updator

    This time i made sure....





    I'm gonna help you

    Wiihacks IRC
    MK:1333-5496-0297
    Brawl: 2406-5287-1013

  13. 1 User Says Thank You jonathanb9595 For This Useful Post


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •