Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Bricked! and I don't think it should be...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Us Bricked! and I don't think it should be...

    Thanks for looking... Here's what I know... I came home the other day and my wii had the dvd blue light flashing. So either I had a message or it was an update. When I turned on my wii, All i get is the black screen. The power light turns green and the drive spins, receives disks and ejects. The wii remotes can be used to power on, they just don't sync. the power button turns on and off the unit. Any suggestions?
    system menu 3.2 I believe
    very first generation ntsc wii purchased at launch
    hbc installed
    wiikey (ver 1) has been removed
    no bootmii installed
    savemii(frii) doesn't work

  2. #2
    New Member Cressida's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 1,924 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yoras View Post
    Thanks for looking... Here's what I know... I came home the other day and my wii had the dvd blue light flashing. So either I had a message or it was an update. When I turned on my wii, All i get is the black screen. The power light turns green and the drive spins, receives disks and ejects. The wii remotes can be used to power on, they just don't sync. the power button turns on and off the unit. Any suggestions?
    system menu 3.2 I believe
    very first generation ntsc wii purchased at launch
    hbc installed
    wiikey (ver 1) has been removed
    no bootmii installed
    savemii(frii) doesn't work
    Was connect 24 enabled?
    GOOD MEN SLEEP SOUNDLY
    AT NIGHT,
    KNOWING THAT ROUGH MEN
    STAND READY TO DO VIOLENCE ON THEIR BEHALF IF THEY DON'T INSTALL IOS 38, 53, 55.

    Press at the bottom right of the post if this response was of any assistance.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yes it was enabled. it was in the yellow light standby mode as it always has been.

  4. #4
    New Member Cressida's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    384
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 1,924 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yoras View Post
    yes it was enabled. it was in the yellow light standby mode as it always has been.
    If you didn't have Preloader 0.29 or Starfall installed than there was nothing to stop updates from disc or through Connect 24 automatically. Was the wii ever updated to 4.0 and then downgraded.
    GOOD MEN SLEEP SOUNDLY
    AT NIGHT,
    KNOWING THAT ROUGH MEN
    STAND READY TO DO VIOLENCE ON THEIR BEHALF IF THEY DON'T INSTALL IOS 38, 53, 55.

    Press at the bottom right of the post if this response was of any assistance.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cressida View Post
    If you didn't have Preloader 0.29 or Starfall installed than there was nothing to stop updates from disc or through Connect 24 automatically."
    hmm i remember trying to use starfall but my system menu was the next version after it so it wouldn't work. As far as Connect 24 goes, it has never auto updated itself since launch. It would glow blue and inform me that the update was available in which I would have to choose to update the system.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cressida View Post
    Was the wii ever updated to 4.0 and then downgraded."
    I was considering upgrading for the SDHC. But with all the bricking that was happening, I didn't do it. Everything was working fine the night before, We played a backup of starwars force unleashed and even played Snes9x GX. I shut it down then the next day it the dvd drive was flashing blue as if I had an unread message or a new update. When I turned it on, I got the black screen of death. I started Wii-ping.
    Last edited by yoras; 08-02-2009 at 11:39 AM.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Please help, I really had my wii set up sweet. I figure there must be a way to fix it. I haven't posted much on forums but I figured this would be the place to come to. Thanks in advance.

  7. #7
    Retired WiiHacks Staff Tealc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sunny Wales, UK
    Posts
    7,152
    Thanks
    502
    Thanked 4,104 Times in 2,453 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Does anyone else have access to your Wii? The nature of the problem sounds like so many others where the System Menu has been erased, stubbed or regioned.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No one else would have touched it. Plus if they had, the blue flashing dvd light wouldn't have still been flashing when I got home from work. Once it was turned on, that light went out.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I got it at costco so I'm gonna return it and get a new one.. bummer that I'm gonna lose the ver. 1 wii though.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •