Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Use of Wii Nand on Another Wii

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That seems a lot of trouble. maybe I'll send it to nintendo.

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi guys, My Wii (4.0RE) is not bricked. I could not installed BootMii in boot2 but only as IOS. Have read alot of post about this but wonder if you guys have any easy way to get BootMii installed on Boot2 for my Wii?

  3. #13
    New Member erikie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    524
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 170 Times in 141 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Guys this whole approach is not going to work. Each nand is encrypted and the correct decryption key is inside the hollywood cpu on your mainboard. So swapping out nand chips will not work. Your only chance is a vulnerable boot1 (bootmii can be installed in boot2) or a previously made nand backup (which you don't have anymore)
    If you have the keys then you can convert a nand from another wii using betwiin but that is another story. So your only option is to send to N

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by erikie View Post
    Guys this whole approach is not going to work. Each nand is encrypted and the correct decryption key is inside the hollywood cpu on your mainboard. So swapping out nand chips will not work. Your only chance is a vulnerable boot1 (bootmii can be installed in boot2) or a previously made nand backup (which you don't have anymore)
    If you have the keys then you can convert a nand from another wii using betwiin but that is another story. So your only option is to send to N
    You are wrong
    You can read you codes with the infectus program .
    Or dump de old nand to your pc .
    And read it with wiinand v0.2
    I fixed my bricked downgrade wii .
    Now if my wii bricks again i fix it with bootmii or infectus

  5. #15
    New Member erikie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    524
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 170 Times in 141 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchy-limy View Post
    You are wrong
    You can read you codes with the infectus program .
    Or dump de old nand to your pc .
    And read it with wiinand v0.2
    I fixed my bricked downgrade wii .
    Now if my wii bricks again i fix it with bootmii or infectus
    Well if you could be so kind to share your information how to obtain your nand and hmac key from a bricked wii out of a nand then you would help a lot of people as this is simply impossible.
    The keys can only be obtained from the hollywood and you need to have a working wii for that. No solution exists until today for this.....
    If you think I helped you please click the little thanks button
    Send me a PM if you have any questions regarding unbricking with infectus mod chip or post a message in here http://www.wiihacks.com/bricked-wii-...installed.html

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by erikie View Post
    Well if you could be so kind to share your information how to obtain your nand and hmac key from a bricked wii out of a nand then you would help a lot of people as this is simply impossible.
    The keys can only be obtained from the hollywood and you need to have a working wii for that. No solution exists until today for this.....
    Oke i will share it
    I will brick my wii tommorow with downgrading .
    And will make pictures how to fix the guide will be here within 2 weeks .
    I dont have much time, only at sunday .

  7. #17
    New Member erikie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    524
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 170 Times in 141 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    make sure to delete all your nand.bin files and keys.bin files as you don't have those available when your wii is bricked.
    Or I can donate you a nand from a bricked wii which has no keys.bin or other things available.
    And you are not allowed to use bootmii in boot2 too.
    If you think I helped you please click the little thanks button
    Send me a PM if you have any questions regarding unbricking with infectus mod chip or post a message in here http://www.wiihacks.com/bricked-wii-...installed.html

  8. #18
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erikie View Post
    make sure to delete all your nand.bin files and keys.bin files as you don't have those available when your wii is bricked.
    Or I can donate you a nand from a bricked wii which has no keys.bin or other things available.
    And you are not allowed to use bootmii in boot2 too.
    Haha i like this

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by erikie View Post
    make sure to delete all your nand.bin files and keys.bin files as you don't have those available when your wii is bricked.
    Or I can donate you a nand from a bricked wii which has no keys.bin or other things available.
    And you are not allowed to use bootmii in boot2 too.
    Use this WiiNandv0.2 to extract your keys from your nand.bin just google it. Than all you require is betwiin and a good nand backup.

  10. #20
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hi every body
    perhaps good news if i be right
    i have same problem(a bricked wii and no screen with no nand backup)
    i think it is possible to backup my friends wii nand and restore it to my wii
    because i had done this way on my phat psp a few years ago
    my psp was bricked and i restored my friend psp nand backup on my psp (phisically-i dont know the meaning of this)(i dont remember the name of the program but it made by Dark_Alex)
    and i dont have any problem
    can it be as same as the wii nand backups
    if it is i can unbrick my wii

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •