semi-bricked my wii please help...
I'm at 4.0 and I installed homebrew using bannerbomb and then used a guide on this forum "How to get Homebrew Channel on virgin 4.0 Wii!".... when I installed the preloader I somehow messed up the system menu so now the preloader boots and I can get into homebrew but the system files have been corrupted. I have a wiikey 2 installed and only had problems with pal backups before I started messing with the software trying to get that issue resolved. (usa wii). Please help or my family is going to kill me ....
Ok, since you have preloader...
1. go to google and search for 'wiisystemmenu-v417'(USA) or 'wiisystemmenu'-v418(PAL)
2. Find a WAD file download
3. Put it inside 'root of SD/wad/
4. Turn on wii, preloader should load
5. You should have WAD manager
6. Load WAD manager
7. Scroll down to the systemmenu WAD
8. Press + to install
9. Wait for Install to finish (takes 1-2 minutes)
Voila! You should have a 4.0 wii again with all the system files intact
Afterwards, I suggest installing everything again (cIOS, andom IOS's for games etc) and also make a NAND backup using Bootmii if you can
1 User Says Thank You abitnoobish For This Useful Post