I think I got it fixed. The chip let me boot the Netflix disc. Since I had turned WiFi off, it let me get to the settings. While your usual guides say to install an exploit, since this was a modding-in-progress Wi with no user data to take, I went with the nuclear option: From the Console Settings, I formatted the WII system memory, removing all the channels and custom IOS's and taking the machine back to stock. I took it knowing I'd have to start over but feeling this was the best option in my circumstance as my modding attempts are apparently not up to date. Starting over would've been the preferred option in any event. I can confirm that my Wii now has a System Menu again and is operational. This time, I'll do this the RIGHT way. Thank you for your patience and assistance, both here and in the other threads. MY WII IS NOW UNBRICKED.