I have a Completely Bricked Wii I think.
OK, let me make a list of all the information I think will make things easier on anyone that tries to help me with this.
First of all I don't know any of the Wii's history other than that the previous owner said they didn't mod it in any way or add anything that wasn't approved by Nintendo. If that is true or not, I don't know. I bought this wii for about $12 off of ebay just to see if I could fix it. Unfortunately my knowledge is limited (but growing) and I have not been able to get anything other than what doesn't work on it.
- Serial Number: LU:50027
- Initial startup health screen comes up with the flashing "press A"
- Pressing "A" brings up the "Corrupt system files" error message
- Trying the + - with and without pressing "A" brings up "Corrupt system files"
- Holding the reset button on power up does nothing
- No actual gamecube controller to attempt a method with it (waiting for one in the mail, should be here within a week)
- Opening the Wii shows no evidence of any invasive hard mods
Edit to list:
- Tried holding + and - then pressing A with + and - held down didn't work still
- Drive chipset is "GC2R-D2A"
- I have DVD+R already... but they say 16X on them. Can I just burn at a slower speed, or would it not work on these DVDs?
Anyone who can point me in the right direction on what I could do to fix this issue, I would greatly appreciate it. I am aware that some people have a method of being able to flash the wii, and I would appreciate it if that method is a potential fix to PM me with instructions/price or whatever so that I can get that done.
Also, I have a 2GB SD card that I can use for whatever might be necessary. If a mod chip is required for a fix, please point me in the right direction as to where I may be able to purchase one (preferably the cheapest that will get the job done effectively).
Thank you all for your time in helping me with this.