Here I will explain how to jailbreak an iDevice on 4.3.3 firmware (latest) using Redsn0w and Sn0wbreeze.
The different methods are separated on "spoilers".
NOTE: Those of you who rely on a carrier unlock stay away from Redsn0w and stock iOS 4.3.3 firmware. Instead use PwnageTool for Mac, or Sn0wbreeze for Windows.
This Tutorial Will Work For:
iPod touch 3G
iPod touch 4G
AppleTV2G (v4.3 8F202)
Things You Need
Redsn0w 0.9.6rc16- Download from HERE(Win)/ HERE(Mac)
iTunes- The latest. To update open iTunes and click "Help" at the top and "Check For Updates"
iOS 4.3.3 for your device-Download from HERE
- First, download the iOS 4.3.3 firmware for your device.
If the file is as a .rar file after downloading just rename to .ipsw.
- Next, open iTunes 10.2.2 and do a Restore or Update to iOS 4.3.3. If you downloaded iOS 4.3.3 from the link above, select your iDevice on iTunes and press and hold "Shift" + Update/Restore.
- After updating start Redsn0w and "Browse" the iOS 4.3.3 firmware .ipsw
- It will now patch the ramdisk and kernel data. This will take only about 5-10 secs.
- Now select “Install Cydia" and any other option you like.
- Now make sure your device is off and plugged in to the computer before you click “Next”.
- Now just follow the on-screen instructions to enter DFU Mode. Hold down the power button for 3 seconds. Then without releasing the power button hold the "Home" button for 10 seconds. Now release the power button but keep holding the Home button for 15 seconds.
- Now, sit back and relax... After you finish this step your iDevice should be succesfully jailbroken.