((NOTE: I wanted to make this a blog post, but either I do not possess the ability to post a blog, or I do not possess the cognitive ability to post a blog.))
I am a college student at a community college and in just 2 weeks I have to deliver an informative speech in my public speaking class, and I have chosen to give a speech about the following…
“To inform my audience about the after-market software options for a wii console owner.”
It is my intention to speak on the following main points…
-A brief history of homebrew development
-Disk/USB backup loading
-The Peril’s of privacy
-Nintendo’s attempts to thwart homebrew development
I am required to have outside sources from my own knowledge/”BS”, and a survey is applicable. I would greatly appreciate anyone who has the time available to copy the below survey and supply your answers for me. To avoid public debate, I would appreciate all responses to be sent to my email or send via PM if it is easier. If you post a post in this thread simply stating that you supplied a survey, you will receive a thank you for it. Thank you in advance, if applicable.
On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being the lowest, and 10 being the highest…
1) Rate your personal level of expertise in wii homebrew application creation
2) Rate your personal level of expertise in wii homebrew installation
3) Rate your personal level of expertise in wii homebrew use/knowledge
4) Rate the usefulness of Disc backup loading
5) Rate the usefulness of USB backup loading
6) Rate the threat of piracy on the homebrew community
7) Rate the threat of piracy on the video gaming community
8) Rate the effectiveness of Nintendo’s system updates to thwart homebrew
Please answer the following freeform questions truthfully, and you will remain anonymous
9) What reason did you purchase your wii?
10) What reason did you apply software modification to your wii?
11) Have you ever pirated software for the wii?
12) If yes to the above, how often?
13) If applicable, do you prefer using Disc backup loading or USB backup loading?
14) What is the most common homebrew application used on your wii other then backup loading applications, if applicable?
15) Is there anything else you would like to add? If so, write here.